View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
JxK
Enthusiast
JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, NC CM 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
I only have the nook table, and I'm only going to have it for a few more hours, but I definitely agree it's a glorified e-reader given the fact it is locked down into a walled garden that is so sparsely vegetated. The work-around/loophole to install apps is awkward and could be taken away at any time.

I was going to wait my full 14 days to see what developed over on XDA, but the experience has kinda soured me and I'm going take it back and stand pat with what I have for another year (I discovered I actually like night reading on my Pandigital much better: 4:3 screen, darker night mode, and resistive taps means no accidental page turns).

I do think B&N have the better machine and maybe they'll open it up at some point. I don't think they'll sell a lot of them with the KF out there, so they'll have to change something or drop the price to 200 before long.
I'd keep the NT. Right now, it's very easy to install non B&N apps, up to and including the amazon appstore. And remember that the nook color (and now the tablet) has the largest developer community of any tablet out there. It will get a cyanogenmod ice cream sandwich update relatively soon (I've heard end of January perhaps), which would give you the full tablet experience.
JxK is offline   Reply With Quote