View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #55
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talldog View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
...The device is only out in the UK and will be released in the states in July. The prices haven't been shared but it will come as an ATT exclusive, or you can buy the device without a contract...
I guess I should also mention that I don't want to pay for another data plan. I already have one on my BlackBerry. That's why I was looking only at the WiFi iPad. There's also no way I would consider anything heavier than the iPad, which is already too heavy. I like to hold my DX in one hand when I'm reading. I used to to have the Amazon cover, but I got rid of it because the extra 3 ounces made it too uncomfortable to hold in one hand. Even with that cover, it is still a couple of ounces lighter than the lightest iPad. The more I think about it, there are just too many compromises with the iPad, for me anyway.

A few ounces lighter and readable in the sun, and I'd be all over it, even though an LCD screen does tire my eyes after a while. I could live with that.

I guess I wasn't clear by what I meant with "without a contract". That means you are buying the device unlocked and straight from Dell without cell coverage, no phone no data plan.

Honestly though you have the Kindle DX and that comes with 3G. I'd think that device would suit you needs just fine. While the browser isn't blazing fast it's good enough when you visit mobile web sites. I find my Kindle 2 works great for casual browsing.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote