Thread: ebook manager
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
I think Mantano is a good option but as I remember it wasn't totally to my taste when I tried it last year sometime. I didn't think it was bad just not for me at the time. After this thread, I think I might want to take another look.

You might also look at an old standard ebook app called FBReader. It has been around for a LONG time and is free. It supports tags, titles, author and other sorting. Another nice feature is it supports online catalogs like Feedbooks, Smashwords and Manybooks. Plus you can add other custom OPDS catalogs. I haven't tried much organization customization of catalogs but it is worth a look.

Also I like the way FBReader UI can be configured to suit the user.

It supports pretty much all non-DRM book formats ever put out. PDF support has never been great though.

Oh, there is a solid TTS plug-in as well. There is more but I can't bring it all to mind right now as I've been doing most of my reading on my Kindle.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote