View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #30
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I'm thinking I've had plenty of freebies from Baen, and maybe I should start paying for stuff. I think I'll give it a miss.
They are in beta. The free books are payments for testing. One for adding 10 allies, another at 20 (not there yet; they cost enough now that I have to decide if I want to ally or buy items for the next project or feed people), one for reaching level 5. They have a "bar" set up in their forums, to discuss bugs (very little traffic, but some people have reached very high levels).

If you earn a coupon, have it sent right away (they are usually good for a year), as they do a reset now and then for the beta as they update code.

It's not all benign - everything you buy or build is tied to one or more books, so there are little book ads everywhere (easily ignored) and you can wishlist right from the game.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote