View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Emailing a document works fine, but I think where you're off is that it is not supposed to be in the Cloud. Docs has nothing to do with the Cloud at all. The Cloud is for storing your own MP3s, and a digital locker for items purchased from Amazon. That is it. Docs that you email to yourself are in your Kindle digital archive. Why? I guess that's the way it worked with the old Kindle so that's the way it works with the new Kindle as well.

Sure, it would make perfect sense (and I think a lot of folks understood it to work this way) that the tabs on the Kindle for Video and Docs would be shortcuts to your Amazon Cloud Drive, but that isn't the way things seem to be working, or even intended as such. That's the disconnect. Maybe Amazon can fix that, but for now it actually seems like using the browser to access the Cloud Drive is the more efficient if not the only way to access the Cloud for docs and video.
He is talking about a different Cloud. You get a Personal Documents Cloud of 5GB of space that can be access from the MYK page for personal documents. It works for K3 running 3.3 and K4 & KTs but not the Fire fully.

From a normal Kindle you can send yourself a document and it will work just like a Normal Archive item. You can remove it from the device and readd from your Kindle by going into Archive just like you do an Amazon book. You can't do this from the Fire. Only send docs to it. The Fire also has a different email address unlike the new Kindles purchased after Sept 28th it doesn't share one.

This is a bit disappointing. I suspect it's due to not having the Pdoc cloud available for Kindle apps yet. I suspect we will see it added at a later date when the other apps get it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote