View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #36
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
While, I find this a fascinating idea, I agree with Steve. The only valid point of this exercise would be that paper publishing is going the way of the Dodo.
I don't think so, and I don't think they think so.

Quote:
I mean, what is the point of "printing" future periodicals with eInk displays? That defeats the whole purpose of reusable, portable book (or magazine) readers.
If you are doing this at all, you don't care about reusable portable content viewers.

But to take the technology a step further, some magazines print regional editions with different covers. What if the cover can be selected at purchase time, and downloaded into the eInk device that is the magazine's cover?

Or even better, what if the technology advances to the point where moving displays can be embedded in the cover, instead of just static images?
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote