View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorburdon View Post
Thanks Mr Wolf. I have seen Jelby's response to a similar question by you a couple of years ago!

"I'd try "max-width:100%; max-height:100%;". That should work (if the relative height works), but won't enlarge images, just reduce them if needed.

If you want to resize in any direction, I believe you have to use an SVG wrapper:"

As a straight img property does max-height:100% mean:
1. scale image to 100% of so it fit any screen heightwise, or,
2. does it mean scale the image up to 100% of its pixel height?

In the first example the image would scale to fit heightwise on a small phone screen or a large monitor screen, while in the second it would never be bigger than its original pixel dimensions in pixels.
Don't use both max-width and max-height. Just use max-height. Using both will just stretch the image out of shape to fill the screen.

As for the sample code I posted, you'll need to change the resolution numbers to that of your image.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote