Thread: NetConnect
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcuin View Post
Well, the official SDK is OABI, and I think that the pro has a different SDK. In fact, what I suspect is that they did this chroot kludge to keep binary compatibility with the older models, and to include some EABI software at the same time. Anyway, probably, they just forgot that this breaks the functionality provided by netagent to custom apps. I don't think that any other model is affected except PB360+, and possibly not all of them. This is a minor issue, but I may send them a bug report, just in case. Thank you for the info, anyway!

A.
I've been building EABI executables for the 360+ and hadn't heard of any problems from anyone. Which SDK are you using? I suspect it is out of date.

I don't own a 360 or 360+, but my understanding is that they switched to EABI from OABI when they released the 360+ (the Pro models had already made the change to EABI). So, you build OABI for the older models (301, 302, 360), and EABI for the newer ones (Pro series, 360+, Touch). Try building for EABI using PB's sdkrelease_1_1 (or better yet, Sergey Vlasov's pbsdk-linux-1.1.0 if you use Linux) and see if you still have problems.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote