View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #30
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I can't get my smartening routine to duplicate what you claim it does with your sample. My "Whatever" is not treated like it's in the exceptions file. The straight single quote in front of "Whatever" gets converted to a left curly single quote like it should. See the sample epubs I uploaded.
I'll have to... (in the end...) I'll do it ASAP.

Nevertheless one hint: I mounted my attached exception file from your example (downloaded from the initial post). And when I opened it (Windows Notepad), all the words were in the very same line with some kind of non-printable character between them. So I immediately thought about the UNIX-Windows CR/LF (or whatever) conflict and retyped those "return key" symbols in their place. So my file should be a pure genuine windows friendly one. Could it be the source of the trouble?

EDIT:
I've downloaded your books and ALSO my exceptions file (just in case). If I run the routine I get it wrong:

Code:
  <p>Bob said; “This is an example of quoted speech that ’specially goes on longer than one paragraph.</p>

<p>“Then it resumes in the next paragraph where the I said; ’give ’em hell, Harry!’ and then it concludes.”</p>

<p>“Then it resumes in the ’80s and the ’90s—”</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>---’I hope it works to … everyone’s satisfaction.’</p>

<p>‘’Tis is a dialogue’ John said.</p>

<p>‘’Whatever’’ is not a dialogue.</p>
Look at "give", "I" and "Whatever"...

(Using Editor comparison tool, those are the only differences with your _after.epub book).

Last edited by arspr; 08-06-2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Test done