View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
A Lurker
Connoisseur
A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thank you so much for that suggestion, but it does NOT work.

I have tried converting the .rtf file to a Word .doc, then to a webpage-filtered, and then importing it into Calibre, but I experience the same exact problem:
Calibre first inserts spaces between paragraphs and removes the tabs; then it reverses itself, deleting the spaces and re-inserts tabs. However Cailbre is "dumb" and sticks tabs after every paragraph mark. As a result, all centered text is pushed slightly to the right, and it's impossible to have any non-indented sections.
In MS Word I tried replacing the paragraph marks with manual line breaks before the stuff I wanted Calibre to ignore when inserting tabs, but that did not work. Calibre also forced tabs after manual line breaks.

Again, this problem happens regardless of whether I directly import the .rtf file or first convert it to webpage-filtered. I've experienced this problem for years, so it's happen with multiple versions of Calibre.
A Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote