View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
oxen
Connoisseur
oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Nook2, Kobo glo, Kobo mini, iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Word can leave in code that can do things like prevent changing the font, prevent night mode, prevent font size changing and other issues. Also, if you have to edit the code, it's not all that neat and is not as easy to do for some as it should be. take a Word document of some size, export it as HTML filtered and see what you get. You will see what I mean.
I do not know whether it is correct that you mean MS Word protection mechanism makes us helpless to Word document code?

Actually, the Word protection mechanism has nothing to do with creating EPUB documents. EpubSTAR can properly recognize and extract information in the Word document, and generate eBook documents following the EPUB specification. The font, paragraph format of Epub documents controlled by the EPUB specification, and reading mode controlled by the EPUB reading software. These all have nothing to do with MS Word. As simple as that.

In addition, I want to clarify that EpubSTAR is not using the HTML export feature of Word to build epub code. This exported HTML documents do not conform to the EPUB specification. It contains a bunch of "mess" as you say, or "redundant code" which I call.
oxen is offline   Reply With Quote