View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #21
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
According to their own Mobipocket Creator documentation, there is a page-break tag <mbpagebreak/>

Hope this helps.

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I have been studying the results. Did you want the pictures at the end of the chapter to actually be at the start of the chapter? If so then the links are wrong.

Did you want the chapters to start on new pages? If so this is not happening.

There is no paginate on MobiPocket. They paginate on the fly which is why they can't tell you how many pages are in the book. They only provide a progress bar based on the file size (I believe). Thus they have some problems with pagination if you jump around and then backup. This is a result of giving the user full control of the font sizes.

The TOC depends on tags to generate and it is usually best just to let it do it. It all depends on what you want the book to look like.

There is also an issue with the cover page. It needs special treatment to appear on the library page on a pc. So far none of the other mobipocket devices support images on the library listing but the pc does so it is likely the rest will get them at some point. It is best to select the coverpage image separately in creator. Thus it should be missing from the html.

The best bet is to remove the cover image and toc from the html and let the creator program build them. Then add the meta data and you are done. When I tried the result on my Palm (A Garmin device) it would display the images but when I tapped down it would reverse the image (black for white) and then a second tap would move to the next page. I am not sure what is causing this but it is likely a mobipocket bug. I'll try this on my Windows Mobile device and see what happens.

Dale
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote