View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #915
mesquite
A tree.
mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm in the BEGINNING stages of writing a first draft of what I would call a "Psychological Thriller". I've run it by a few people the early few chapters I've done (10 of them, including a prologue) and gotten positive feedback but I'm flummoxed by trying to stretch out the chapter lengths (10-15 pages if viewed in an e-reader) and how many overall chapters I should write (with the inclusion of the Prologue and Epilogue).

At my current writing pace per chapter, I see myself writing in line with James Patterson. (4-5 pages per chapter and ending up with in excess of 100 chapters.) Writing in fact for me isn't something I enjoy but I sort of challenged myself to sit down and try to write. I hate research but I have researched and maybe stretched some facts (its fiction right, so that's okay?) but not totally out of proportion since there has to be SOME basis of plausibility.

I will say though as far as publication goes for me this is something on a personal level but I do feel comfortable with people reading it, I just want to have them enjoy it.

Any advice, mentoring, counselling would be greatly appreciated, especially since I feel like I'm reaching a pivotal plot point that I am having trouble to figure out how and where I want it to work out.

I just want to completely rough out the entire book in terms of "pre-production" meaning write as I see fit, have it looked over, edited, and then not really start over but work on the suggestions and add on to the chapters individually. I would consider this the start point before a completed written works is published.

Last edited by mesquite; 08-05-2012 at 04:00 PM.
mesquite is offline   Reply With Quote