View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #11
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I'm not convinced this is very effective on the surface of a 505, but I understand what you are saying.
I would agree. The 505's panel is mostly transparent and doesn't scatter much light (glass is excellent at this). The matte surface does scatter a little light (which we want for the reflections of the glass itself), but not enough to worry about when the material scatters hardly any.

The 600 has scatter from both the material and surface, which is the key difference between the two. It leads to the lack of sharp lines as it scatters more light. The glossy protector just removes one of the two sources of scatter.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote