View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 12:03 AM   #35
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
Although I've got multiple locations for my ebook files (My Digital Editions, the DRM-stripping directories, the base library for editing (Three loud cheers for Sigil) and finally the Calibre directory) this can't be considered an adequate backup as it all resides on just two disk spindles - laptop hard-drive and and USB 1Tb drive - think what could possibly go wrong...

I'm on the cusp now between continuing with CD/DVD archiving or using memory sticks/SD cards - cheap convenience versus volatility.

Having seen many instances of hardware failure (and experienced a couple myself) I completely agree with whoever said "Back it up, and test the backups".

Oh, and how nice to know I'm not the only anal retentive here :-)
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote