Thread: Android?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #31
jotas
Connoisseur
jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Here are first pictures of new designed Boox with Android (RK2906 CPU @ 1Ghz)
Honestly, and really you plan to sell such design?

And, I'm not speaking about being Android, and how fast and well it will run over, something interesting for many of us (and, by the way, I'm still waiting for your promised information about the upcoming Android, keycodes and controller information, to check if possible to use and patch over a real and current CoolReader). Leave aside all this for the moment, we will consider than Android will work perfectly, fast, and with no problems.

Such design, such size, such frame, white pearl, such keys...? Which screen type it uses? HD or not? About lighting, will this device have it? Which type?

And, please don't tell me about "safe" factory design for screen, need keys for Android, need hardware motherboard or sizes, or anything else. It seems almost all companies making e-readers actually have in staff someone dedicated to kill any good idea, new or existing, and, of course, never read a full book or uses the device to do real reading, daily, for hours, many different situations and places. Please, all, take them out from such job.

You 're breaking your own rules and work: someones good in current i62HD/Firefly.

Such buttons maybe good and common for Android, but not for reading. Regardless their functions, or mapping, it's much better double buttons on each side, large and narrow, for turning pages and many other things, much like your current i62HD line, or Nook ones, or previous Kindles (both touch & non-touch). Add extra keys for Android if need, most will be a central home key.

For color, much better for reading and contrast to grey screen, a black matte, and both safe from fingerprints and slips. Simple see current market experience and/or copy from others.

For global design and frame size... no way! Nowadays. You should attempt to make it as small and comfortable for holding and carry, and as lightweight as possible, just see Sony T2 design or copy from elsewhere (you only need an extra and small amount for side keys).

And so on ... what about details for touch screen? How sensitive? Infrared? Capacitive? You can go street and also copy, an old but well added technology as infrared can work perfectly (like Sony), being cheap and not causing problems with additional touch layers over screen and contrast.

Or other details, being these maybe more small and personal, I can't not understand at all why all connections and slots and switches go now to bottom edge, where the cabling, power, or SD causes more problems, where most time device is resting for reading on the street, at home or in bed, and you can hit or break something inadvertently, and many other things. Why not top edge for most things, just like phones, and edges for others, like also phones or tablets?

Well, thanks anyway for your information, and let's see what is really out for sales and how it works.
jotas is offline   Reply With Quote