View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cageybee View Post
Hi, I have imported a New Oxford Dictionary from Kindle for PC to Calibre and I have a Merriam-Webster collegiate dictionary which I imported into both kindle and Calibre. Both of these dictionaries are around 25MB. I can open both of these files in Kindle for PC, but can't open neither of them in Calibre. I have a DRM removal plugins installed. Here is the error I get when I try opening one of them:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 40, in run
  File "threading.py", line 504, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator\book.py", line 99, in __enter__
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 239, in __call__
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\mobi_input.py", line 34, in convert
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\reader\mobi6.py", line 171, in extract_content
  File "re.py", line 151, in sub
MemoryError
It is telling me that I have a memory error, but I have 4GB of RAM on my PC.

I have other .mobi ebooks in my Calibre library which are large in size, but I don't have any problems opening them.
Depends on the OS. Windows 32 bit can only access 3.2G even if your motherboard supports more.
I think this applies to Virtual Memory also. So this book may have just run off the end
Or
You have RAM that is going south. memtest 86+ the RAM overnight (at least 1 full pass (takes hours)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote