View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #34
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Is that an old series? The name sounds familiar. Who does it?
I already mentioned it in the What are you doing thread, maybe that's what you remember? It's a French series but Amazon has it in the US. I gave it to my father for his birthday, but I'm afraid he found it a bit boring. Then I borrowed it from my parents to watch it myself

It's the story of the first year of Christianity, told by scholars whose job it is, apparently, to read the New Testament and reconstruct the historical facts from it. Most of them are religious scholars (Catholics, Protestants, Jews), and there are a few historians too.

The most fascinating part, to me, is the inconsistencies, contradictions and silences in the text, and what that suggests to us about the political struggles within the Christian communities. I love it
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote