View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #39
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
By searching for the publisher's website (as aided by the copyright page). It will lead you to Pax Librorum --> http://www.paxlibrorum.com/books/taowde/ (to be updated soon once all the formats are prepared)

Well, if there is a publishing house, then things get complicated. DRMed ePub has its content purposely locked in, and choice of PDF there would not surprise me. I don't like it, but it would not surprise me. I am hoping that DRM-free delivery will prove its worth as a better business model for publishers, but the jury is still out.

However, for any work on the copyright and DRM free content, a strong case can be made for use of one of the re-flowable formats. Flexibility to use tools to add soft-hyphens in the future, for example, or to adjust format for new devices is essential as our reading platforms continue to evolve.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote