View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Putting the keys to the right of the screen in portrait mode is an interesting design choice. I assume it can be flipped for left handed use. The display specs suggest it is a Vizplex 9.7" screen and my first impression is that this looks very fragile.

Any idea which OS (Linux or WinCE) they are using?
9.7" has already proved to be too fragile if a glass substrate is used. The current design is going to use a polymer substrate similar to that used on a flexible screen. This should make it more rugged that current devices but it is also the cause of the delay. Originally 9.7" screens were planned for this fall. After the 9.7 rollout next spring I would expect that all screens will be switched to the new substrate design. So I expect a rash of next generation devices next year from everybody with polymer backing and the new screen controller. maybe they will also break the 2 gig barrier on SD cards at the same time (Kindle already did this).

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote