View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
OT-ish: Calibre in VirtualBox/Linux running Windows XP Client

I've just installed my first virtual machine environment. My base OS is Fedora 13, with a virtual instance of Windows XP as the guest OS. It's nifty (once you get past the 4 hours of Windows Update).

That said, it's not recognizing my Kindle, at all. I know it's not Calibre's fault (hence the OT in the subject), because the Kindle isn't available to the guest OS to browse when plugged in via USB. If it was Calibre having problems, I would still be able to browse the files on the Kindle.

From searching the forums I have seen other people running virtual machines with Calibre, so I expect their readers would work as well (is this a bad assumption???) I was hoping someone more experienced with VirtualBox might be able to point me in the right direction?
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote