View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 09:01 AM   #8
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
However, I would sound a note of caution. The Asktak device is a Jinke clone, and the ePub support on the other Jinke devices is extremely poor, so there's really no reason to expect anything better from Astak. There are other devices on the market (eg those from Sony and Bookeen) which have much better ePub support, so you should perhaps consider one of those instead of the Astak.
I have an Astak EZ-Reader and have read ADE/Epub books on it and have not sufferred any debilitating conditions due to the Epub support on the device.

My advice to you is to look at the features of each device side by side, for example compare the Astak Pocket Pro to the Sony 300. Look at the formats supported presently, and make your decision on what features are best suited to your individual needs.

Beside Astak, Foxits Eslick also says it will support Ereader format in the near future. The reason I went was Astaks Ereader was the Adobe Digital Editions support, which allows me to read library books on it.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote