View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I really wish iRex would have made it user replaceable, but omro is right. There are already community instructions for how to replace the batteries in the iLiad. I imagine eventually the DR will be similar, once people with them start getting past their warranty period and start opening them up more.

I haven't done it to my iLiad yet, but I've replaced the batteries on several Palm pilots over the years. Technically they're not user replaceable either, but it's really not that hard.

I'm disappointed that they didn't make them easier to replace, but I certainly wouldn't boycott them because of it.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote