View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 01:36 PM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
The standard 1100 mAh battery of the Axim didn't last much longer than 2 hours while I was constantly using WLAN. I then switched to the extended 2200 mAh battery which allowed me to stay online for another 3-1/2 hours. Like Julie Strietelmeier from Gadgeteer correctly put it: When it comes to battery life with the X50v, the only word that comes to mind is short.

The PDA unit also became rather hot near the battery compartment after a few hours. I think that current embedded WiFi solutions are still far from perfect, and it won't be before more advanced solutions (SyChip's embedded 802.11g module) hit the market that PDA's equipped with WiFi will be truly enjoyable.

Still, it gives you a sense of freedom when you can access the Net from any place in the world, even when you're 10'000 meters high up in the sky (see the screenshots I just added).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote