View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
maggotb0y
Connoisseur
maggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony Reader
bd2mobi - Application to convert Book Designer html0 to .mobi

I've written a perl script to convert .html0 files output by Book Designer to .mobi format for viewing on the Kindle or other .mobi devices. This should be useful to those of us who would like to (legally, of course) share our content with Kindle owners.

This will automatically generate the table of contents from the "Titles" in the original BD file.

I've attached a zip file with a compiled .exe file, and the Perl source for this file for anyone who'd like to contribute. You'll need to extract the .exe and download mobigen from Mobipocket (available at http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/)

The easiest way to use this is to create a shortcut to the .exe in your "Send To" folder. Then you can simply right click on any .html0 file and choose Send To>bd2mobi, and it will convert the file for you.

Let me know how it works for you!

p.s.- Thanks to HarryT for the excellent tutorial that I followed in creating this script.

version 2 now attached
This version now properly converts books with PNGs and GIFs in the source.
version 3 now attached
This version works properly with newer versions of mobigen and allows you to specify author, title and cover image.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bd2mobi_v2.zip (593.3 KB, 798 views)
File Type: zip bd2mobi_v3.zip (1.32 MB, 826 views)

Last edited by maggotb0y; 04-07-2008 at 09:24 PM.
maggotb0y is offline   Reply With Quote