View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #12
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister View Post
I'm going with only 3G when I get a full charge to see if it is better. I will update when I have some info.
As indicated above in several posts above and by Amazon's stated battery life expectations, using 3G will burn the most power. There is no need to test "only 3G" to see if it is better because it is not.

You will get the best power consumption with wireless on if you have a Wi-Fi network at home and connect to it or only turn it on when you are within range of a Wi-Fi connection and you connect to it. You only need to do this once. Each and every time after that it will connect automatically.

You will not get the best power consumption with "only 3G" on. If you take your Kindle out of the house with wireless on it will most certainly revert to 3G, thus using the most power. If you want the best battery consumption just leave wireless off when you don't need it.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote