View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
Me!
Me! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Me! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Me! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Me! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Me! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Me! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Me! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Me! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Me! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Me! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Me! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4
Kindle Software Update 4.1.1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200774090

The software update will be delivered wirelessly and includes optimizations for your Kindle's performance

Download Software Update 4.1.1

Here's how to download Kindle Software Updates and transfer it to your Kindle via USB:

1. Determine your software version: From Home, select Menu, then Settings. On the Settings screen you will see the Kindle version at the bottom of the screen. If you have the latest update, it should look like this:

If you see an earlier version, please proceed with the steps below to update your Kindle to the latest software.

2. Download your softwareepending on your current software update version, you may have to install a previous software update before installing 4.1.1. Select one of the links below to download the software update file directly to your computer:

If you have version 4.1.0--> Software Update 4.1.1

If you have version Prior to 4.1.0 --> Software Update 4.1.0 and then Software Update 4.1.1

3.Transfer software to your Kindle: Turn your Kindle on and connect it to your computer using the USB cable. Drag and drop the new update file from your computer onto the Kindle drive. Do not drop the file into one of the folders within the Kindle drive.

4.Monitor file transfer and disconnect: Check your file transfer progress to ensure file transfer to your Kindle is complete before disconnecting. After the file has transferred successfully, eject the Kindle to safely disconnect your Kindle from your computer. Disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle and your computer.

5.Start the software update: On the Home screen, press Menu, then Settings. Press Menu again, and then select Update Your Kindle. (This option will be grayed out if the most recent update has already been installed or if the file transfer was not successful.) Select Ok if you want to perform an update. Your Kindle will restart twice during the update. After the first restart, you will see Your Kindle is Updating.

6.Once the update is complete: Your Kindle will automatically restart. From Settings, you will see Version: Kindle 4.1.1 at the bottom of the screen.
Me! is offline   Reply With Quote