Thread: PRS-600 Touch Electronic Bible
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #8
JustRay
JustRay began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I think what you are doing is fantastic. Im glad someone is working on this. I just bought a Sony PRS-600 and downloaded the TNIV Bible and am not too happy about the hoops I have to jump to to go to a passage, or even just the beginning of a book.

But I have one big question (and if this is dumb for some reason, let me know): Couldnt someone just put really small tags in the text? I mean, even if they would just put "(Jon*1)" on the line above the first chapter of the gospel of John, and "(Gen*12)" above the beginning of Genesis 12, or something like that, it would be easy to go to Genesis 12 by just searching for Gen*12. That alone would make my live SOO much easier! Would such a little thing mar the text that much?

Am I missing something? Or is this just too simple for the bigwigs in eBible land? And, if they could make it REALLY small, they could put a similar tag in front of all the the verses, or else in front of every 10th verse, so you could get close. This would work for any reader with search capabilities... no? Am I missing something?
JustRay is offline   Reply With Quote