View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 08:38 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgph View Post
wow, thanks so much for your invaluable advice for me.

@ BinaryTB, the area I'm quite interested in is something that related to Computer which I'm currently attending as a bachelor course. I've tried some fantasy fictions but so far only the Lords of the Ring by Tokkiens (my bad if mistakenly wrong but bet you all know which one I mean) could make me fully enjoy as movie + fiction, there is no way to get confused (yet only some plots settings like telling background themes). Others, well, I understand only the stories' backbone roughly but never get sucked into their flows because of my language barriers.

@ desertgrandma, thanks grandma, I'm very glad being here where everyone is very kind and active to help.

I know at starting level, it's always tough (for every area, not only in this language field), read page by page or chapter by chapter, take notes for unknown words or phrase, search using dictionary or online websites, and memorize them would make even a dumb like me to improve. But, you know, read, search and translate into what I understand is cumbersome and a bit inconvenient for me. I just want to have fun while learning even though it cannot give 100% enjoyment.

Thanks guys, really appreciate your help.

I would like to suggest the Narnia fantasy books by C.S. Lewis. They are for younger readers, but they have themes that even adults need to understand. (And trust me, there are some adults with horrible manners who have no idea about courtesy, thankfulness, enrichment of life, forgiveness - the entire scope of what it means to be Human.)

The set (7 books) is a wonderfully and beautifully developed fantasy that showcases what we can accomplish when we combine love and courage against fear and tyranny. It touches upon all that is triumphant and noble in the Human Race.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote