View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 05:26 AM   #13
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
English is also not my mothertongue. I noticed that the difficulty level of a given book depends on whether it is an _english_ book or an _american_ book. For me, english books are harder to read than american ones, I guess mainly because I'm more used to american. But somehow the structures of the sentences seem more complicated to me in english. For instance, in the Harry Potter series, when I switched to reading them in english (at the fifth one I think), the first sentence took me a long while to figure out because the structure was strange to me (something about the hottest day of the summer so far coming to an end).

So maybe it would be the opposite for you, but I suggest you consider the nationality of the author when choosing a book.

If you like re-reading books, I also suggest that you read in english a book that you read in your mothertongue and enjoyed.
chlorine is offline   Reply With Quote