View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 10:52 PM   #9
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drezin View Post
Hello,

I just got a Sony PRS-505 Digital Reader as a gift, and was wondering if there were other stores to purchase books than Sony's Ebook store, because the selection, while good, doesn't have certain books I wanted to buy. Also, does anyone know of any good sites to download free books, as in books no longer copyrighted? Sony's store has a "Classics" section, with books like Dracula, A Tale of Two Cities, etc, but they still charge two bucks. Seems silly to pay for these titles when they are probably out there somewhere for free.

Thanks for the help.
Visit the Wiki here for a list of stores:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores

And other free sites:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Free_eBooks

The key formats you are looking for are LRF/LRX, EPUB, and PDF. TXT and HTML should be useable too.

After you have settled into your Reader, I would suggest you check out Calibre. It is software for managing your ebook library, and it can covert books into formats that your reader can read (if the book doesn't have DRM on it).

The is even a forum here just for Calibre discussion.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote