View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
billbirchall
Enthusiast
billbirchall has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.billbirchall has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.billbirchall has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.billbirchall has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony E-Reader
Re: Downloading from EBookMall

Due to the current paucity of E books, available in the UK, I have been exploring downloading from the US. Amazingly, Sony excludes downloads to the UK from its Sony E Bookstore, so I tried others. EBookMall looked interesting, but on visiting the FAQ, I came to this question and answer:-

'Q: Do your Adobe eBooks work on the Sony Reader?
A: Sony Readers can read regular PDF files, but not digitally secure Adobe eBooks. The Sony Reader may be integrated into Adobe's eBook system at some point, but it has not been so far. Because of that, most of the Adobe eBooks at eBookMall are not compatible with the Sony Reader.'

I know that Adobe Digital Editions is readable by my PRS-505 as I have downloaded a couple of books in this format. EBookMall did not seem to be aware of this. Are they just out of touch or is there a problem downloading to the PRS-505, from this website?

If anyone can recommend US sites that download to the UK, please let me know.
billbirchall is offline   Reply With Quote