View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #95
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
In the Blood: A Genealogical Crime Mystery #1 (Jefferson Tayte) [Kindle Edition]
Steve Robinson (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/In-Blood-Genea..._154606011_f_1

Quote:
IN THE BLOOD: A Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Crime Mystery #1. 110,000 words.
A dark secret locked in the past. A family historian trying against the odds to unlock it.

One of Amazon UK's 'Best Books of 2011'. A 'Kindle Customer Favourite' with over 500 five-star reviews worldwide.

DESCRIPTION
Family history was never supposed to be like this...

When American genealogist, Jefferson Tayte, accepted his latest assignment he had no idea it might kill him. But while murder was never part of the curriculum he is kidding himself if he thinks he can walk away from this one.

Why can't I trace them? What happened to them?

Driven by the irony of being a genealogist who doesn't know who his own parents are, Tayte soon finds that the assignment shares a stark similarity to his own struggle. Someone has gone to great lengths to erase an entire family bloodline from recorded history and he's not going home until he's found out why. After all, if he's not good enough to find this family, how can he ever expect to be good enough to someday find his own?

Set in Cornwall, England, past and present, Tayte's research centres around the tragic life of a young Cornish girl, a writing box, and the discovery of a dark family secret that he believes will lead him to the family he is looking for. Trouble is, someone else is looking for the same answers and they will stop at nothing to find them.

The Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Crime Mysteries. What secrets are in your family history?

From Amazon Vine Voice, Cathy G. Cole of Kittling Books:
- The mystery surrounding the Fairborne family was excellent. By book's end I hadn't figured it out. This is the first book by Steve Robinson, and I am definitely looking forward to reading more!

From the worldwide Amazon community:
- I recently read Oliver Potzsch's book The Hangman's Daughter and The Dark Monk so I started an Amazon search for something similar. You have to read "In the Blood" you will be hooked! Karen FH 3 July 2012
- It's not often somebody takes the murder mystery in a different direction and succeeds as well as this author has done. More please! G.Beech 25 Mar 2012
- Just finished this and can honestly say it is the best crime novel I have read in the past year. I. Clements 22 Feb 2012
- This family secret laden story truly suggests not only [Robert] Goddard but EARLY Goddard at his best. Highly recommended! Hans Wollstein (Goodreads) 21 Feb 2012
- I don't even know where to begin singing the praises of this book. It was, to me, that brilliant. Tori 21 Feb 2012
- Parts are reminiscent of Daphne Du Maurier but with a modern edge. Rosen Trevithick 13 Dec 2011
- This is a great, cleverly-written book by an author with a descriptive style that is really much better than we have any right to expect from a narrative thriller. Matt James 8 Nov 2011
- This author has written a début novel of such quality it stands up easily among best selling main stream authors. Mrs S.A.Blane 14 Sep 2011
- The combination of genealogy research, heavenly setting, believable, witty dialogue and cliff-hanging action created one bang-up read. Marcia Pitts 12 Aug 2011
- If you want a great mystery that thrills right to the end, you cannot choose better than In The Blood. G.Robbins 4 Aug

BOOK CLUBS
Kindlers Club book of the month for August 2012.
Voted reading choice for November 2011 by the Kindle Users Forum.
Goodreads UK Kindle Forum book of the month for August 2011.

OTHER BOOKS BY STEVE ROBINSON
To the Grave (Jefferson Tayte #2 - June 2012) - Awarded Your Family Tree magazine 'Seal of Approval'
The Last Queen of England: (Jefferson Tayte #3 - November 2012)