View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulm View Post
I got the Nook Touch.

I definitely agree about the (nearly) useless homescreen. The homescreen is supposed to be the most usable and feature-packed screen, but here it mostly serves as free advertisement for B&N. The unit is pretty wide but I don't mind it since the page turn buttons make it super easy to use one-handed.

Other than that, I think it's a wonderful device and far superior to my old PRS505. I would have gone with the Kobo Touch if it had physical buttons which is just a preference of mine.

That being said, I think the Kobo team is doing an absolutely fantastic job being active and attentive to the mobileread community. If only B&N had such foresight.

Chapters/Borders has definitely earned a massive amount of brownie points from me and this is something that I will remember the next time they release a product. Unfortunately, and despite the amazing firmware upgrades, I think the lack of buttons and the way the Kobo currently treats sideloaded books makes me favor my Nook.

actually BN devs and customer service are quite active on the BN official Nook site and many of the same complaints, suggestions etc you see here mirror those over there and also many members here are members there as well.
There is also an on going "next update wishlist" that is always posted.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote