View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #18
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I have a 3yo flip phone. The battery is starting to go, so I'll need to renew my contract and get another free one.

If I got the Nook right now, then it would have to stay home on my trips to the back country. That's why I want longer battery life. The Kindle has enough and the Nook doesn't.

How it works for you is irrelevant to my situation.
so basically you would also have no other electronic devices correct? No generator etc.

if epub is your concern maybe you should check the Kobo 2 coming out next month.

Actually if you don't like or care about the LCD screen the new Kobo IMHO is actually a better deal than the Kindle Wi fi. It's more sleaker looking, has epub, just as thin and compact (actually first so, since the new kindle looks to match the original kobo's design) Pretty solid book platform with Borders/Kobo

Personally I still think the Nook with it's color touch screen is the better of the three.

but you've been on here for a while now doing nothing but complaining about the nook and everything you hate about it.
well this is you chance to move on give teh Kobo 2 a whirl.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote