Thread: iLiad Question to Adam. B
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 02:28 AM   #5
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
That brings up a good question. Right now, I compile all my programs for a specific path. While they *could* work in a different place, most look for additional files within that path. For example, FBReader looks for all of it's icons withing /installedpath/share. So I had to release a version that works with compact flash cards and also mmc/sd.

However, I could setup the initial run script so that it makes a symbolic link somewhere on the root file system to wherever you have the program copied. I am hesitant to touch the root file system with a script though. I haven't yet, and I'm not sure if I want to before the unbricking option is available.
That seems like a better solution to me. One single link from the root system to your-favorite-application-folder sounds better than different binaries and the requirement for everything to be in the root of your memory card. But then I don't know much abut Linux
narve is offline   Reply With Quote