View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #12
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
<snip>

Either way they are point blank ripping us off. If you are keen on the 6" reader go to DA Direct, they are Australian, they sell the 6" branded as the Eco Reader. They are selling it for $299Aus. Beats the $499Aus for the same from BeBook.
Hi Solicitious,

agreed re the pricing. (Didn't know Customs had bumped the limit up toAUD$1500 though, thought it was still $1000.) My understanding is that the purchase through the website was a direct purchase.

The $299 for the ECO reader is plus shipping, plus credit card surcharge, last I looked, bringing the total to around AUD$320, which is still better value than through BeBook's site, though the current exchange rate makes buying other readers from overseas more attractive again.

As a toe-in-the-water exercise, I've purchased a couple of inexpensive readers (Augen), and if they go well, then I can pass them on to my daughters, and following hoped-for price drops, purchase eInk readers.

There are several issues for me, price only being one of them. Quality, robustness, versatility are others.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote