View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #19
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I was thinking of starting with Absalom! Absalom! for my first. Bad choice? It was going to be either that or some collected short stories of his.
I'll go a different way here and say that since you are a horror/mystery fan, maybe start with Sanctuary or Intruder in the Dust. Although not considered his best works, the subjects might be of more interest to you. I haven't read these in many years, but I remember Sanctuary as being pretty gruesome. They're still pricey at $11.99 each, but being Random House, maybe they will come down shortly.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote