View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:05 AM   #3
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylemmulo View Post
Hi well I got my new kindle paperwhite and saw that people jailbreak them and I kinda scratch my head on it. I see some people like tether their 3g kindles and stuff but don't see much else useful. I tried googling but I can't find like a list could someone tell me some useful advantages to jailbreaking my kindle?

thanks!
Jailbreaking is a pretty useless act by itself. No need to jailbreak, unless something you want to install to the PW requires it. That is pretty much everything that did not come from Amazon. The jailbreak does not give you any special powers, all it does is let you install non-official updates. If you see tethering as something useful, then you came to the wrong place. Please see the sticky Forum Policy: Special Offers and Tethering for further information. Check out the Developer Corner sub-forum. It is full of usefull stuff, and most everything there requires a jailbreak.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote