View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #26
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
"Right now, it does not do a single thing that I use my laptop for, and much much less than what I use my iOS and Android tablet for."
My sentiments exactly
My Mac laptops were always cumbersome overkill for my mobile computing activities( web surfing,watching occasional video and casual reading/studying)

and the REAL PRODUCTION WORK I need to do on my Macs were not practical for the road such as long 3D animation render& video compositing and other VFX stuff where the computer needs to just sit and process frames for several hours at a time.

Hence the tablet craze with a "mobile OS"( IOS/Android).

Bigger than a smart phone for my aging 49 year old, bifocal assisted eyes.
but much smaller & lighter than my cumbersome laptop.

This $900 dollar surface does not fit my scaled down tablet needs nor would it suffice as a true windows laptop for the processor intensive CG work That I Do.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote