View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I don't think there's any way to clear the whole carousel, but then, I don't really have a problem with the carousel in the first place; it's just a list of apps and books you've accessed historically - they aren't running apps, and they don't take up any resources. I guess there are privacy concerns but now that the Fire is lockable I don't really have much of a problem with that. I suppose if one is frequently reading erotica or something and they don't want their kids picking up their Kindle and finding it, there could be an issue.

I guess it would be nice if Amazon allowed for a "clear carousel cache" option, but even better would be the option to decide what apps or categories of apps did or did not show up in the carousel. I'd love to be able to pick an option that only showed books, periodicals, and game apps, for instance.
You can remove everything off it one by one but as you buy books, use apps and sites....etc you have to remove them again. I went to NC with a empty Carousel. Good thing to because my MIL used my Fire for a bit.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote