Thread: Typos in ebooks
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #13
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Just for my own edification ... are we talking about "real" books here -- Harper Collins, Penguin, Random House et al -- as opposed to "Google Books" and public domain material?

Occasionally some gaffe turns up even in commercial paper product but these are rare. Is that frequency we are talking about? Or are commercial e-books simply shoddier than their direct hard cover and paper back counterparts?
The last paid for ebook I read had mistakes on average every 4 or 5 pages. Ironically enough, the fan-made ebooks I read hardly ever seem to have any mistakes at all (though I never go for the initial "release").

A few examples from the last book I read that I haven't got around to fixing yet (there was lots and lots like this that I have already fixed and thrown the bits of paper away):

one of science team = one of the science team
I kind have to go fight - I kinda (or kind of) ...
but there dozens of people sleeping = but there was ...
You’re sure they’re there but you can hear anything = can't hear
could she haven fallen back in love = could she have
A lot them are true believers = a lot of them are ...
or maybe ever the top dog in Homeland = maybe even ...
not wasting to make a scene = not wanting to ...
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote