Thread: Kobo Tweaks
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #132
PetrusKobo
PetrusKobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi,

I purchased a Kobo Touch a few days ago.
This tweaks app was exactly what I was looking for, to make it more than just an ebook reader.

I have the 2.5.2 firmware, so it required a bit of reading before I could make it work like I wished.
With this firmware, I had to use the kobotweaks-offset.zip to see the whole menu.

At first, I also used the "affiliate.conf" tweak to show the currently read book cover while in sleep or power off mode. But I had to open a book before I could see the Tools menu.

I reverted to the original affiliate.conf file, saying "affiliate=fnac" and whereas I get the ugly fnac logo instead of the book cover when off, the tweaks app automatically starts on powerup. And that's ok for me.

I'm still playing with the kobotweaks options, but i'm quite happy with it so far.
Thanks a lot for that awesome app you've brought to us

The only quirks I notice :
* On my firmware version, we can see the "Reading stats" menu showing up briefly before the real Teaks menu. Not a real problem, but it would be cleaner if you found a way to disable it.
* I wish there would be a way to remove the first 3 entries : "Browser", "Chess", and "Tweaks Settings", so the menu would be 100% custom.
* If the menu title ("Tools") could be editable too, in the kobotweaks.ini, that would be great. I is a bit unnatural when all the other entries are in another language (French in my case). But not a big deal.
PetrusKobo is offline   Reply With Quote