View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #49
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's a matter of acclimatisation. Friend of mine moved to Melbourne a couple of years ago. The first winter he was there he was walking around in a tee-shirt during the "cold" 10C winter days. The next winter he was shivering along with the rest of the locals. 10C is tee-shirt weather for me. 20 is very warm. 25 is damned hot .
Yes, I know. I have been in a sub-tropical are for too long. Twenty-five years ago I would wear a Tee shirt when it was cold enough to require de-icing a windscreen before driving. That was in Canberra during winter. In summertime air conditioned buildings here are usually set at twenty-four degrees Celsius, and I find them chilly if I don't have a jacket. We have an air-conditioned house and my wife and I compromise; in the hot days of summer we set it at twenty-nine. (We have a Doona that is twice as thick on my side.)
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote