View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #12
fbdev
fbdev
fbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel is

Device: kindle
1: when i used it, i found it to be really disorienting, but functionality is what i was going for.
it wouldn't be terribly hard to render a bug to indicate the machine is asleep.

2: is it really worth the effort to prevent an image from being drawn to the screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
hi man, thanks so much for this. i tried it, and it works...but:

when it activates i see the original screensaver being drawn, then the last page is drawn on top but only the left top corner is replaced. could this be because i'm using a kindle dxg with a bigger screen?

this has the potential to be a fantastic hack.....couple of other suggestions if i may:

1. is it possible to have a small symbol or mark rendered on the new page to show you are in sleep? maybe the bug from kaffine for example.

2. is there anyway to stop the original screensavers being drawn in the first place? otherwise maybe the best thing for me to do is replace my screensaver with a blank page?

thanks so much for this, great work
fbdev is offline   Reply With Quote