View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #12
mrsquash
Connoisseur
mrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enough

Device: K4-NT, Sony T1
You may be getting MS Word bundled with your new laptop. I bought a Dell desktop last November and found that it came with Microsoft Office 2010 Starter, MS's replacement for the old Microsoft Works program. It contains almost fully-functional versions of Word and Excel 2010 (some high-end mainly business functionality is missing). It shows small ads in the lower right corner (unless you upgrade it). The ads don't change very often and I rarely notice them.

I had a copy of Office Home and Student 2007 that I had planned to install on the new computer but found I didn't need to.

As a long-time Word user I haven't had any problems with the missing functions. Anyway, google it and see if it looks OK to you. If so, it might be worth making sure that your new laptop includes it, assuming you haven't bought it yet.
mrsquash is offline   Reply With Quote