Thread: corrupted dbase
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #41
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
I think it would make more sense if it was in one file.
I was thinking like this:

Code:
@echo off

REM metafile copy documents
Z:
cd \Debby\My Documents\Calibrelibrary\Debs
REM The default location for the batch file is now is inside your library with the metadata.db file

if exist metadata.db.6 del metadata.db.6
if exist metadata.db.5 ren metadata.db.5 metadata.db.6
if exist metadata.db.4 ren metadata.db.4 metadata.db.5
if exist metadata.db.3 ren metadata.db.3 metadata.db.4
if exist metadata.db.2 ren metadata.db.2 metadata.db.3
if exist metadata.db.1 ren metadata.db.1 metadata.db.2
if exist metadata.db copy metadata.db metadata.db.1

REM Now you have the last 6 copies plus the master of metadata.db in your library folder.
REM Every time the batch file runs, it will throw away the oldest of the 6 and keep the newest.

REM You don't really need the next line, so I remarked it out.
REM move metadata.db.* "Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibre Saved Libraries\Metafile BU"

REM when the next line runs, it will put the 6 current backups of your metadata AND all your ebooks into your backup folder.
REM so you really don't need to keep them separately in "Metafile BU"

robocopy "Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibrelibrary\Debs" "Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibre Saved Libraries\BatchFile BU" /s /purge /xo /r:1 /w:1

REM I didn't check your options, but I assume they will move the contents of "Calibrelibrary\Debs" into "Calibre Saved Libraries\BatchFile BU"

REM You could have just used
REM  robocopy "Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibrelibrary\Debs" "Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibre Saved Library" /s /purge /xo /r:1 /w:1
Was this clear?
If you need a backed up metadata.db.1, you just find it in:
Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibre Saved Libraries\BatchFile BU
or in:
Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibre Saved Library
(If you used the shorter one I suggested).

Quote:
Sorry - I don't understand the syntax

c:\some\place\else\metadata.db.N.
I meant this:

Code:
if exist Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibrelibrary\Debs\metadata.db.6 del Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibrelibrary\Debs\metadata.db.6
if Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibrelibrary\Debs\exist metadata.db.5 ren Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibrelibrary\Debs\metadata.db.5 Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibrelibrary\Debs\metadata.db.6
if exist Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibrelibrary\Debs\metadata.db copy Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibrelibrary\Debs\metadata.db Z:\Debby\My Documents\Calibrelibrary\Debs\metadata.db.1
It was just ugly, but it can be run anywhere instead of requiring you to do this first:
Z:
cd \Debby\My Documents\Calibrelibrary\Debs

Last edited by Starson17; 05-16-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote