View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Howto import a file created in OpenOffice?

I usually work with OpenOffice. I recently tried to convert an ODT file to EPUB thru calibre.

I wonder if it would not be better to import directly a file coming from OpenOffice in Sigil in order to create an EPUB.

But which one?
- If I open the ODT file (renaming with zip), I find some xml files. Can Sigil make something out of them?

- If I save the ODT file as html, I get text (including footnotes) and images but I have no stylesheet.css file.

Any idea on the best way to proceed?

I also tried a nifty extension called writer2html which can export in strict xhtml. It can also divide the document in the ten chapters but with them Sigil produces ten different epub...Is there a way to batch import ten xhtml files, numbered 1 to 10?

Last edited by roger64; 03-08-2010 at 05:05 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote