View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #35
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
thanks frank0734.

i saw that too. but i thought it had to be the "black pearl" for the firmware to apply. that's why i didn't mention it. so it works with the "white pearl"? that site sure wasn't clear. it also said that on the aluminum sticker on the warranty card, "black pearl" would be on the label. clearly, there was no reference to any type of pearl, black or white. but on the back of the box, above the upc code, i just saw that it says "white pearl".

did the firmware installation wipe out everything? i've already installed the otfm file manager and some of my standby screen images. just want to know if i have to do it again.

UPDATE: i went ahead and did the install. it did wipe out the otfm file manager, so i installed it again. however, one thing that did not work quite right with this firmware has to do with coolreader. i had this as my default epub app. when i tried to open the o'reilly book on php i was in the middle of, it just crashed (wheel spinning, then nothing happens). switching to the fbreader worked. but cool reader did not crash when i opened a couple of other books. i think it has to do with css. i tried to change the font on the o'reilly book with fbreader and it did not change. so i think there's some directive forcing the o'reilly book to use only a certain font. fbreader honors this directive whereas coolreader will try to fulfill the user's wish? the previous version of coolreader was able to override it. but not this version. for the other two books i tried to open with success, when i changed the font, it changed accordingly. so it looks like these two books did not have a hard font directive.

Last edited by rem736; 03-30-2013 at 02:27 AM.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote