View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #13
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I have a walking stick (shillelagh) that I carved from a live oak branch in central South Carolina about thirty years ago. The handle is part af a large branch, about two inches in diameter and four inches long; the staff is a smaller branch coming off that. The staff part is about the diameter of my thumb and is rather crooked, so the whole thing has some spring to it.

I fire hardened it and finished it with many rubbings of tung oil so it is rather a dark brown with a satin sheen.

I cut my hand rather badly while carving it, so it literally has my blood sweat and tears in it.

Last edited by wodin; 01-15-2013 at 01:08 PM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote